History

C & H Building Specialties Inc. was founded in 1956 by Arthur B.Camp.  Our offices were originally located on Belmont Ave.in Chicago. In 1959 we relocated to Northwest Highway in the Norwood Park neighborhood where we remained for 29 years.

As the company continued it’s growth, it became evident newer and larger facilities were required, and in the fall of 1986 a move was made to a new office/warehouse complex in Wheeling, Illinois.

Mr. Camp retired in 1988 at which time Dennis Burke was appointed President and sole owner. Mr. Burke has been in semi retirement for several years but as of this date remains available in a limited capacity. Currently his son Gary Burke is in charge of the day to day operations.

As manufacturer’s representatives,  C & H is involved in the sale and service of many architectural building specialty items including  aluminum ladders, disappearing stairways, skylights, roof hatches, floor doors, trench and expansion joint covers, projection screens, floor mats & grilles, and commercial grade flagpoles, for which we can provide installation as well.

For more specific information on any of the products or manufacturers we represent, please click on the banner above.